Public Works Labor Compliance Requirements Contractor/Vendor must comply with applicable labor compliance requirements including but not limited to prevailing wage requirements, SB 854, SB 96, Labor Code sections 1771.1(a) & 1725.5, Public Works Contractor Registration Program, Electronic Certified Payroll Records to Labor Commissioner, and other requirements described on the direct links provided below as applicable.
- Prevailing wage requirements: please refer to the applicable statutes and regulations regarding the payment of prevailing wages and General Prevailing Wage Determination(s) including the footnotes. Such information is available on the website for the Department of Industrial Relations. Frequently asked questions can be found here.
- DIR (Department of Industrial Relations in the State of California) requirements: refer to Department of Industrial Relations website for general requirements by DIR.
- Public Work Projects Requirements: visit the Public Works section.
DIR Work - Project Services Subject to SB 854 Requirements (Effective March 1, 2015).
- No contractor or subcontractor may be listed on a bid proposal for a public works project unless registered with DIR. Effective April 1, 2015
- No contractor or subcontractor may work on a public works project unless registered with DIR. No contractor or subcontractor may be awarded a contract for public work on a public works project (awarded on or after April 1, 2015) unless registered with the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to Labor Code section 1725.5.