IT’S GOING TO BE A WALK IN THE PARK!
Moreno Valley’s Park Rehabilitation and Refurbishment Program Plan was approved by the Mayor and City Council on October 18, 2022. This program invests over six million dollars to reimagine community parks throughout the City. Construction is expected to start in the coming winter and will be complete in the summer of 2024. Construction is expected to start in the coming winter and will be complete in time to welcome summer crowds.
The Park Rehabilitation and Refurbishment Program Plan will complete numerous park improvement projects throughout the City. The park improvement projects identified in the plan will replace, refurbish, or rehab aging park infrastructure throughout the entire park system and will encompass all four City Council Districts. Improving the quality of MoVal parks and its amenities is key in providing a foundation for a healthy thriving community.
PARKS MAKE LIFE BETTER!
Why is the project so important?
Everyone loves our parks! Moreno Valley’s parks are in high demand. Parks are used by Moreno Valley kids, families, seniors, and athletes every day. It’s important to maintain them and rehabilitate when needed. Now the City of Moreno Valley is working to give our community what they love most, high-quality parks that improve quality of life.
Below are some of the of the many upgrades proposed under the plan:
- Basketball/sport court resurfacing
- Pickleball court construction
- Ball field fencing replacement
- Ball field surface rehab
- Playground replacement
- Drinking fountain, BBQ, picnic table & bench replacement
- Picnic shelter replacements
- Splash pad resurfacing & renovation
- Synthetic turf replacement (March Field Park Arena)
- Replacement of shade covers & windscreens, arbors, and pergolas
- General fencing repairs
- LED lighting conversion and repairs
- Concrete repair and replacement
- Parking lot resurfacing
- Restroom renovations and additions
- Improve drainage and install fencing at Equestrian Center
PARKS REHABILITATION BY DISTRICT
NEWS & UPDATES
A Walk in the Park
Park Refurbishment Program — Coming Soon